[lbo-talk] on shitholes and spending money without burning a hole in my gut

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Mar 12 08:18:41 PDT 2008

Andy wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:37 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
>
>> worked at baco tell ™
>
> You mean Toxic Hell.

:) That's just my ref to a family habit: renaming stores to suit our
quirks, sense of humor. Food Lion is Food Liar, for instance. Kash and Karry is Krash and Skary. My mother does it with city names, purposefully mispronouncing them

> The thing that always hits me at the food courts in these places --
> even Target -- are those hot dogs on the rollers, with the little
> bubbles in the coating of goo. And that snotlike cheese stuff they
> put on the nachos. Brrr.

was unaware Target has a food court. Either I don't notice it or there aren't any where I've been.

> And amen on the Walmart clothing. I think some of their name brands
> have stuff made at a different factory that churns out crappy stuff.

That'd be my guess, particularly since their practice is supposed to be forcing suppliers to continually lower their cost.