[lbo-talk] Political Action &/or Revolution was State andCapitalism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 12 16:38:08 PDT 2008

Mike Ballard wrote:

> So, don't go and read anything Marx wrote or take it seriously because he
> discusses such things and implies them in his critique of poltical-economy.
> Don't try to understand what it is you're dealing with in terms of this class
> dominated system

Idiot. Did you read my last paragraph?

*** [Note: Besides being the Discoverer of Capitalism in the same sense as Newton was the Discoverer of Gravity and Einstein the Discoverer of Releativity, Marx _also_ had many interesting and wonderful things (sometimes correct, sometimes not) to say about all sorts of things: history in general (there is no sicence of history), politics; revolutionary thought, anthropology, epistemology, industry, the particular capitalism of his day, human capacities, history, culture, etc etc etc. Personally, I think any intellectual who doesn't explore these things in Marx is cheating him/herself, but none of these things belong to "Marxism" rigorously conceived, which is the theoretical understanding of capitalism.]****

No use reading people who are only interested in point-scoring. I hope if you ever say anything useful it gets quoted by someone else.

Carrol