[lbo-talk] computer jerks

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 05:50:49 PDT 2008

Today I opened my Internet Explorer and I discovered that the last automatic update changed the way I organized my links. They are no longer grouped into folderes that are meaningful to me. They are now organized by the choice of site, date, most wanted or order visited today because some fucking asshole at Micro$oft has decided that this is the way how I should organize my life.

This is equivalent to the same fucking asshole barging into my house an starting rearanging my furniture in what he thinks is a more 'efficient' way - in which case I would take advantage of my 2nd amenedment right and shoot the asshole right in his fucking head. I feel doing the same to the fucks who mess with the way I organize my desktop.

I discovered that such arrogance is not limited to Micro$oft - and many computer fucks, from lowly IT support grunts to top software designers and engineers believe that they have the right to mess with the way people organize their lives in the name of technological "progress" or "effciency."

I wonder where does such asshole arrogance come from? Is it a prerequisite of working in the computer business, or is it something one learns while working in this field? And more importantly, what can be done to stop these jerks acting like demi-gods and masters of other people's lives, and start acting like other service personnel - with deference and respect toward the wishes and idiosycracies of their customers, no matter how "irrational" or "inefficient" they may appear?

Fuck IT arrogance!

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ