[lbo-talk] computer jerks

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 07:00:45 PDT 2008

--- "Mr. WD" <mister.wd at gmail.com> wrote:

> with. But really, you should have been using
> Firefox or some other
> browser. There hasn't been any good reason to use
> IE for years.

[WS:] Tell me about that. IE comes pre-packaged with Windows and it works more or less problem free. What is more, our IT department supports only Windows based PCs. Each time I tried to replace that piece of crap with an alternative (e.g. Opera) things got really fucked up. I could not get rid of the IE, which would rise its ugly head from time to time e.g. when I tried to open a certain type of file or use interactive websites. Some websites would simply refeuse to cooperate saying that IE is required.

So inasmuch as I loathe Micro$oft products, I simply have very little choice here in this land of free choice. I would love to buy an open source (Linux) machine machine, especially that they are cheaper than either PCs or Macs, but I simply have no time or inclination to deal with software setup problems all the time - I use computers as tools, means to an end, not an end in itself. I am trying to avoid "looking under the hood" as much as possible - be it cars or computers.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping