[lbo-talk] O's pastor condemned by racists

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 14:10:30 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2008, at 4:14 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>

>> Can the Dems run Wright instead of Obama or Clinton? He's got my vote.
>>

> You must hate America.

On occasion.

Unfortunately I can foresee this being a problem for Obama. There is no chance this stuff wouldn't be aired night after night in the weeks leading up to the general election. I'd love to see Obama retract his comment about Blacks being 90% equal with whites and take Wrights side and just admit we have still have more than a little bit of work to do before race ceases to be a serious problem in the US. I doubt that will happen however. Seeing the videos offered it gave me a better feeling about Obama in one way. He wouldn't have associated with this church for so long if it didn't mirror some of his beliefs. Maybe he really has the potential to be a traitor to the ruling class? His selection of advisers strongly suggests otherwise but I inderstand why some hold such a hope.

Is there any truth to the story that the IRS is investigating his church? On the one hand I'd love to see the IRS hold these churches accountable for their intrusions into politics while retaining their tax exempt status but choosing this church at this moment would be extremely offensive. Not unlike holding Ward Churchill, at an extremely opportunistic time, to a standard that is routinely violated.

John Thornton