[lbo-talk] help with Vista

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Mar 17 07:37:31 PDT 2008

> After a while you may be forced to

[ ... ]

> Does anyone use Linux? Does it work OK?

What, you think Linux never gets upgraded and your favorite applications and drivers don't get left behind? What about you Mac folks, don't you have the same problem? Don't answer that: yes, you do. Why, I recall when Data General upgraded RTOS in 1975 and I lost a whole box of paper tape! It took me a week to re-type that stuff that was ... um, I guess it was incredibly important to me at the time!

I think it's a waste of ink to bitch about being left behind in an upgrade. You're a dope if you settle into using some computer that you think you'll be able to use forever. You all sound like the guy in Office Space whose stapler is missing.

/jordan