[lbo-talk] Dean Baker: Harsh words on US govt bailout of Bear Stearns

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 09:20:46 PDT 2008

Legally, it is not clear what kind of entity the Federal Reserve is.

With regards to its employees, the Federal Reserve claims to be exempt from all state and federal employment laws. However, apparently for political reasons, it agrees to abide by Title VII, ADEA and other Federal Anti-Discrimination statutes. From what I have been told , as a work place,it feels and functions more like a bank or other private financial institution than a governmental entity. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Charles Brown" <charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us>