[lbo-talk] Recommended Reading

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Mar 18 10:34:48 PDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> Subject: Embargoed Remarks: "A More Perfect Union"
>> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:10:28 -0400
>> From: Obama For America <me... at barackobama.com>

>> ...We want to talk about how to bring them home from a
>> war that never should've been authorized and never should've been
>> waged...

Another howler from the sometime professor of constitutional law. The Iraq piracy was *never* "authorized." War, constitutionally, can never be "authorized"--it must be declared by the Congress. This war is unambiguously both unconstitutional and illegal (in violation of Treaties, supreme laws of the land, binding the US not to use force internationally except in immediate self-defense or as directed by the UN Security Council under Article 7).

To say that this illegal piratical war was authorized, even if only to snipe at Frau Clinton for her 2002 vote, is nothing but a lame excuse for the craven refusal of the entire Dumbocratic leadership to carry out the constitutionally imperative impeachment of Ma and Pa Ubu (Bush and Cheney). Ralph Nader is looking better all the time!

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos