[lbo-talk] Recommended Reading

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Mar 18 15:30:40 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 17:48:52 Charles Brown quoted:

> > I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I
> can no
> > more disown him than I can my white grandmother

Etc. The guy is good, no doubt about it. A much much better, more subtle, more intelligent rhetorician, maybe, than any American politician in my lifetime -- I just missed FDR -- and infinitely better than his loathesome prototype JFK, whose stuff, reread nowadays, seems far inferior even to windbags like Demosthenes and Edward Everett.