[lbo-talk] Jeremiah Wright or Wrong?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 18 15:59:49 PDT 2008

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> I wish somebody would explain to me the outrage over what Jeremiah Wright
> has said in his sermons. Has anybody on the left written in defense of
> Wright?

I haven't been paying attention to the thread -- so I'm amazed if anyone on this list has expressed outrage.

"Born in the blood of Indians, build on the bones of slaves, fattened on the riches of the entire world, the Amnerican experiment should be declared a failure and destroyed to make room for humanity." That's the kindest thing that can be said about the U.S. The Reverend Wright was leaning over backwards not to be nasty.

Carrol