[lbo-talk] Jeremiah Wright or Wrong?

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Mar 18 18:18:40 PDT 2008

At 03:22 PM 3/18/2008, Jerry Monaco wrote:

>I was also wondering if any leftists or anybody on this list has written
>anything in defense of Wright or had any thoughts at all on his influence or
>his politics. So I asked the following questions, not out of spite, or to
>show anyone up but because Doug, I was genuinely curious. "Has there been
>any discussion here about Wright that I have missed? Has anyone here heard
>any of his sermons in full? Has anyone on this list written on the hypocrisy
>of the demand for Obama to reject Wright?"

John Thornton already did in a roundabout way. That is, he said that he'd appreciate obama more if obama stood up and said, "yeah, everything wright says is right on".

the questions aren't out of line. they're just trivial. why would anyone on this list object to what the guy said? therefore no one feels a need to defend him to anyone on this list.