[lbo-talk] mike davis's interview

ulisse mangialaio ulisse_mangialaio at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 19 02:29:05 PDT 2008

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/03/toward-a-better-world-interview-with-mike-davis/

excerpt:

Mike Davis: First of all we need to recognize that we’re probably witnessing the de-housing of millions of Americans through a combination of the subprime crisis and increasing unemployment. I think that we’ve been handed on a plate an extraordinary opportunity to, if not solve the housing crisis in America, greatly reduce it.

[An earlier opportunity] was during the savings and loan meltdown during the beginning of the 1990s, when the federal government came into possession of more than a million units of housing through defaulting or bankrupt savings and loans. And all the government did was simply sell those off at a discount on the market. And you might think what could have been done with the stock of housing.

--------------------------------- Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. Tanti modi per restare in contatto con chi vuoi.