[lbo-talk] Subprime Pritzker pure gold for Obama

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 19 15:37:30 PDT 2008

Charles Brown wrote:

> ^^^
> CB: Actually, Carrol and you are the one's expressing articles of faith
> in the "evilness" of all who seek the Oval Office without considering
> any evidence. But anyway, even if the presumption is against any who
> seek the office, that presumption has been rebutted by the evidence
> others and I have introduced, shifting the burden of proof to vous.

Charles, after civil-rights work in Bloomington had 'softened' me up for the shock of LBJ's ravaging of democracy in the Dominican Republic, I spent a lot of time exploring the evidence over a century. Actually, Mark Twain wrote 20th-c history in advance in his two masterpieces, "To the Person Sitting in Darkness" and "The United States of Lyncherdom."

Mark Lause has pointed out that one exception was Warren G. Harding. I doubt that either Clinton or Obama will pardon any of the political prisoneres from the '60s still rotting in prison.

Carrol