[lbo-talk] Scalia, Supreme Court Justice of Torture

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 22:16:10 PDT 2008

Sorry, Bill, won't do as way to wriggle out. Backwards as we Yanks are in lots of ways we did show the world how to get out from under a monarchy 200 years ago.

These days you wouldn't even have to bring down the squirrel muskets and hold your fire till you see the whites of their eyes, have only one life to give for your country, pledge your lives, your fortunes, and your sacred honor, make any midnight rights in Boston or Canberra, or winter at the Downunder equivalent of Valley Force. A vote in parliament would probably suffice, and the Brits wouldn't even send the Germans after you the way they did us.

So the responsibility lies with you doubly, actually, do do the right thing and not blame it on that poor old lady in Windsor Palace, who has enough to worry about with what her irresponsible kids and grandkids misbehaving for the tabloids, and to catch up with the 18th century and establish the republican principle in your own home. Get to work!

Justin