[lbo-talk] The Nation: Hillary's Nasty Pastorate

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 06:17:16 PDT 2008

--- Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mind you, I'm not vouching for any of this...
>
> This article can be found on the web at
> http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080331/ehrenreich
>
> Hillary's Nasty Pastorate
>
> by BARBARA EHRENREICH
>
> [posted online on March 19, 2008]
>
> There's a reason Hillary Clinton has remained
> relatively silent during
> the flap over intemperate remarks by Barack Obama's
> former pastor,
> Jeremiah Wright. When it comes to unsavory religious
> affiliations,
> she's a lot more vulnerable than Obama.

[WS:] This is getting really low. I liked Obama speech - much more so than, say, thoughts of Glen Ford that Doug posted to this list - with one single exception: the dollops of religiosity. But hey, this is Amerika, if one wants to win an election, one must wear one's religion on one's sleeve. Secularism is a sure way of committing political suicide in Amerika. So I disregarded the nausating religious references in Obama's speech, which otherwise was very sensible and said all the right things.

Now, Barbara Ehrenreich & The Nation attempt to out-fox the Fox news and mount a smear campaign on Clinton's religiosity. This is really pathetic and shows the total intellectual bankruptcy of the Amerikan Left. What's next? That Hillary is too butchy and not too feminine. Fuck that shit.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ