[lbo-talk] Fwd: [Guest] Why ‘Hope’ is Resonating with Americans

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 20 07:25:50 PDT 2008

[another delightful outburst from a publicist - "hope" is so hopeful!]

AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW

CONTACT IMMEDIATELY: xxxx

What Can the ‘Resonance of Hope’ Do for the United States and Each American? Relationship Expert Explains How to Use ‘Hope’ as a Life Tool

Discussion Topic

Two words dominate the political discourse: “hope” and “change.” Primary stump speeches are meant to be full of inspiration, but can the average person motivate and inspire others and themselves on a personal level everyday? Auriela McCarthy, relationship expert and author of “The Power of the Possible,” explains the enormous power contained in hope and why “it’s never the last resort, but one of our most powerful tools - essential for creating positive change and a different future.” Auriela also talks about why each one of us, not just the President, needs to learn how to apply hope in our everyday lives.

Talking Points

* When used by politicians, why are the words “hope” and “change” bringing such a tremendous response?

* How do we take the notion of each beyond the rhetoric making them a very real part of our own personal lives?

* How can having Hope - even in the darkest moments - powerfully affect our lives and our future both on a personal and global scale?

* How does ‘The Resonance of Hope’ have the power to affect our relationships and marriages, and also - our country?

* Why are understanding and forgiveness are essential components that must always precede change - be it in one’s personal life or globally?

* When we try to change someone “for their own good,” are we actually preventing them from making that change?

* Is it ever possible to force a person (or country) to change?

Topic Overview

Auriela McCarthy, author of “The Power of the Possible,” says, “Change and our readiness for it is one of life’s great mysteries. We are ready when we are ready, and not a moment before.” Whether it is your life partner or best friend, whether you are fighting their addiction or fighting another country, change will only come when the people you are trying to change feel “seen, heard, understood and accepted.” While Auriela stresses that it is impossible to ever change somebody else, be it through force or “best intentions,” she does reveal, “You can be someone’s REASON to change.”

When it comes to Hope, do not merely use it as a fallback during tough times, “Discover hope – and you will discover the strength to change your life. You will start seeing the possibilities because Hope is intricately linked to both the Power of the Possibility and the Power of the Future.” According to Auriela, “It will start with each one of us. We will remember that we matter and that our lives matter; our needs and wants will become important even though they may not be the first priority.” Hope makes it possible to forgive the past and to let it go, it replaces apathy and cynicism and heals the old wounds. You begin to heal your relationships, you begin to heal you life.

Then what happens in the world – starting with our country – will matter as well. And so will voting in the presidential election and caring about who wins it. It is Hope that will heal the damaged trust and inspire us to change our lives for the better. And as we choose change in our personal lives, so we will change our country. Once again - remembering what it means to be an American. “It’s the American spirit. It takes my breath away,” says Auriela.

About Auriela McCarthy

Auriela was born in Riga, Latvia (in the former Soviet Union). She escaped the iron curtain in 1980 and came to the United States with the status of political refugee. She taught English, sold art in a high end art gallery and became a gallery director. After 5 years in the U.S., she opened her own art gallery in San Francisco with the U.S. premier exhibition from the estate of Pablo Picasso. A whirlwind of success followed turning her into an art dealer with an international reputation and an expert on the art of Picasso. Thus she became an American success story with a house with a view and what looked like a picture perfect marriage. But behind the bright façade lay conflict at home and memories of heartbreak and loss that had marked her early years in the Soviet Union: her parents’ horrendous divorce, her grandparents’ disappearance into hiding, life under continuous surveillance by the KGB and a mother-in-law from hell. Forced to leave her father behind, she never saw him again and was denied entry to the country even for his funeral. Auriela had her first spiritual awakening in 1987 resulting in a profound internal shift. She ended a troubled marriage, and closed the art gallery. Working as a private art dealer, she dedicated her life to internal reflection, meditation, and immersion into metaphysics. After 20 years she emerged a spiritual teacher with a clear message of hope, compassion and understanding. For the last 15 years she has been helping people from all walks of life with their life and relationships issues.

McCarthy is the author of “The Power of the Possible,” (Beaufort Books, N.Y.), see www.PowerOfThePossible.com and hosts a weekly radio show, “The Power of the Possible” at www.webtalkradio.net.

To interview Auriela McCarthy contact .....