[lbo-talk] Scalia, Supreme Court Justice of Torture

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:28:21 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The effectiveness or lack thereof of torture is an
> emprical question. Is there data?

Hundreds of years of torture of those accused of being witches and their subsequent confessions.

Torture was obviously extremely effective. The inquisitor usually got their witch. Proof positive that witches exist no doubt.

The various torture churches actually kept pretty good records on this kind of stuff.