[lbo-talk] Scalia, Supreme Court Justice of Torture

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 20 10:33:55 PDT 2008

J. Tyler wrote:
> You speak as if the Australian government cares. How about we not pretend
> there's any difference between what the U.S. government does and what yours
> will adhere to? Because there isn't. Our crimes are your crimes. If you
> think it should be otherwise, I'd suggest you get an army together and show
> both of our government's what's what. I'll be on board, but until then...

Bill (and many Australians, Canadians, etc who benefit from America's Empire) are not entirely dissimilar from trust fund children who rail against their wealthy Father and Grandfathers predatory business practices but who meanwhile enjoy the income provided by the trust fund set up in their name, occasionally spend time at the family vacation home on Hilton Head and even visit the family home in Greenwich for holidays. Of course they never engage in similarly ruthless business practices and so feel quite comfortable condemning then even while they directly benefit.

John Thornton