[lbo-talk] Scalia, Supreme Court Justice of Torture

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 10:37:44 PDT 2008

Quite right, the French were very helpful. On the other hand if you needed them there is a right wing gov't there now that might help out. And if Sarkozy was reluctant, at least you wouldn't have the to deal with the Germans, as we did. So that evens out.

For the rest, your pathetic excuses about why in the 21st century a modern society accepts the nominal leadership of a feudal monarch are risible. It is certainly no harder to make Downunder a republic than for ordinary Americans to affect the foreign and other policy of our own republic with its "imperial presidency."