[lbo-talk] Scalia, Supreme Court Justice of Torture

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 20 14:49:17 PDT 2008

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> --- John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>> Bill (and many Australians, Canadians, etc who
>>>
>> benefit from America's
>> Empire) are not entirely dissimilar from trust fund
>> children who rail
>> against their wealthy Father and Grandfathers
>> predatory business
>> practices but who meanwhile enjoy the income
>> provided by the trust fund
>> set up in their name, occasionally spend time at the
>>

> [WS:] And you do not? Besides, even if the above
> were true, what is Bill and others (including myself,
> I guess) are supposed to do - kill ourselves? What is
> this guilt tripping supposed to accomplish?
>
> PS. Collective responsibility is a vile fascist
> concept and practice that, like torture in Jerry's
> argument, has only one purpose - to terrorize the
> target population.
>
> Wojtek

Fuck yeah I benefit. It would never cross my mind to claim otherwise. Nor do I try to make anyone feel guilty about it. My post was in reply to Bill claiming:

"Fortunately, Australia is a monarchy. So everything our government

does, it does in the name of old Elizabeth Windsor. The buck stops

with Liz. Nothing to do with me mate.

America however is a republic. Everything it does, it does in the

name of the people. The buck stops with you I'm afraid. Don't try to

squirm out of it."

Bill claims US citizens are of course to blame to US Govt. policy but Australian citizens are not responsible for their Governments actions. That is total BS.

John Thornton