[lbo-talk] Clinton takes lead over Obama in Gallup poll

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 20:46:26 PDT 2008

>In judging torture you are judging state terror; you are not arguing
>about a "method" of collecting evidence.
>
>Carrol

Why is everyone who says this speaking so ex cathedra? Jordan has said about 50 times that he knows what you're saying here.

What I see Jordan doing is deconstructing arguments being effectively used by the state to condone torture. He came to that by trying to tell our resident monarchist that it's wrongheaded to argue against torture on those same terms.