[lbo-talk] Moby wins award

Ben Jackson nonplus.plus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:58:21 PDT 2008

Speaking of tortured comparisons did anyone notice this from today's NYT article "Slump Moves From Wall St. to Main St.":

"To be sure, there are many places where talk of recession still seems as out of place as a diner trying to score a table at a trendy Los Angeles restaurant without reservations on a Saturday night."

I think there should be a law about the ratio of syllables in the two terms of a simile, with increasingly severe punishments for ratios less than 1:2.

"talk of recession" = 5

"a diner trying to score a table at a trendy Los Angeles restaurant without reservations on a Saturday night" = 33

punishment = death