[lbo-talk] Lyndon LaRouche group tackling Bear Stearns and corporate bailouts!

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 08:48:49 PDT 2008

Thought I'd share this story of my encounter with some angry LaRouchites a few moments ago:

I went to my county tax assessor's office today to renew my car's registration. Out front on the sidewalk was a table full of pamphlets, newspapers, and books, manned by some people, and behind the display was a big sign that said "END THE BAIL-OUT!!" And next to that slogan was a Bear-Stearns logo! Ah, some grassroots ferment at last, I hoped.

I asked what they were all about and a man at the table said he was glad I asked, because he'd like to tell just what it *was* all about. I scanned the literature further and noticed that at the top of their angry anti-bailout sign were the words "LYNDON LAROUCHE PAC."

Fuck!

"Oh, this is Lyndon LaRouche-affiliated," I dejectedly said, and continued on into the building. "I support the anti-corporate welfare stuff but LaRouche and his weird ideas about the British monarchy -- no."

"Well maybe you need to better informed!" the man angrily responded. I was a little jarred at how snidely he said this.

The woman inside the tax office said they were always out front.

As I left they avoided eye contact with me and I noticed a police car was parked nearby with an officer in it. "Down with England!" I cried to them and raised my fist, and then put my new registration sticker onto my car.

-B.