[lbo-talk] A quick lesson in Texas health care

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 09:15:14 PDT 2008

Actually, Carrol, it's not a lie -- and I am disappointed you did not mention my key role in promulgating the accurate notion that Yoshie was an Iran-o-phile.

Come on -- give me some credit! I mean, I was the one who called her fanciful concoctions "political fan fiction" of the geekiest sort, and compared it to 19th century Orientalism/Romanticism vis a vis her discussion of "Persian angels" and other terminology of the grotesque & arabesque. Sometimes it felt as if I were rediscovering Theda Bara and Rudolf Valentino via a modern version of Vathek or a Coleridge poem.

So, please concede that I had a role, too. Not just the important guys.

:)

-B.

PS. I made a comic strip about you!

Carrol Cox wrote:

"This is simply a lie, promulgated by Lou & Doug for reasons not wholly determinable, but provsionally (a) ordinary vulgar sexism and (b) inability to tolerate a superior intellect and more dedicated revolutionary on their lists."