[lbo-talk] Krugman on interest rate weirdness

MK mkurk at mac.com
Mon Mar 24 15:08:10 PDT 2008

Hey - I'm trying to understand the last sentence in the excerpt below. I think Doug is saying that 'they', the beneficiaries of Bush- era augmented military spending, are not directly responsible for the hike in the price of oil. But, as Stiglitz has asserted, the war has otherwise affected the price of oil, right?

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/04/stiglitz200804

My understanding is that it has to do with the devastation wrought to the country - any references would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Maryellen