[lbo-talk] McCain vs. McCain

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 25 13:09:24 PDT 2008

[from the Institute for Public Accuracy]

"I believe that success will be fairly easy." -- John McCain (9/24/02, CNN)

"I believe that we can win an overwhelming victory in a very short period of time." -- John McCain (9/29/02, CNN)

"The American people ... were led to believe that this would be some kind of a day at the beach which many of us, uh, fully understood from the very beginning would be a very, very difficult undertaking." -- John McCain (8/22/06, CNN)

"I knew it was probably going to be long and hard and tough. And those that voted for it and thought that somehow it was going to be some kind of an easy task, then I'm sorry they were mistaken. Maybe they didn't know what they were voting for." -- John McCain (1/4/07, MSNBC)