[lbo-talk] "pointing finger of the neighbourhood"

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 25 20:12:53 PDT 2008

B. wrote:
> Carrol Cox/Crankshaft's school bus of historical
> progress is driven by "social forces" and "social
> conditions," independent of human volition.

I've said this before: the notion that history is the product of autonomous, self-directed individuals is capitalist ideology through and through. Moreover: without this ideology, capitalist social relations could not be sustained.

So my question is this: why cling to and reinforce an ideology that supports capitalist social relations?

Miles