[lbo-talk] "pointing finger of the neighbourhood"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 06:58:51 PDT 2008

Miles, I did not say: "History is the product of autonomous, self-directed individuals."

I implied history is not independent of human volition. Two different things. So I know your criticism can't be directed at me. Who are you speaking to, then?

-B.

Miles:

"I've said this before: the notion that history is the product of autonomous, self-directed individuals is capitalist ideology through and through. Moreover: without this ideology, capitalist social relations could not be sustained. So my question is this: why cling to and reinforce an ideology that supports capitalist social relations?"