[lbo-talk] Stearns discipine

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 27 06:47:56 PDT 2008

[better late than never...]

<http://missvictoriax.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-which-i-give-back-to- community.html>

March 18, 2008 In which I give back to the community

Inspired by the example of the generous Hamptons-based design firm which is now offering its stagings service at a discounted price to current/former/soon to be former Bear Stearns employees (staging is cleaning and prepping a house to be shown for sale), I have decided to offer a discount on sessions to all current/former/soon to be former Bear Stearns employees. The discount is equivalent to the current value of a share of Bear Stearns stock. That is to say, $2.

I approached this decision with some trepidation. You see, in my experience finance guys usually want things in their asses. I do not offer anal play on demand. Consequently the majority of my clients are lawyers. I have always believed that the aforementioned fact is why Rapture "it’s rare that we have a session where someone doesn't want something up his butt" NYC is located in Tribeca. They know where their market works.

However, I believe that in times like these we all have to help as we can, and I've decided to go through with my offer. I have come up with the following non anal play scenarios, which I hope will be appealing (I think everyone at Bear Stearns already got fucked up the ass enough this week, anyway):

-domestic service training (useful in preparing for future job as a janitor at Goldman Sachs) -spanking combined with verbal chastising ("Caused!" -whack- "Sub- prime!" -whack- "Crisis!" -whack- "Very!" -whack- "Very!" -whack- "Naughty!" -whack whack whack-) -78 cane strokes (number chosen to represent the difference between Bear Stearns' $80 per share book value and the actual current share price of $2) -interrogation roleplay (I am Coughlin Stoia and you are Bear Stearns. Helpful in preparing for upcoming deposition) -master/slave roleplay (I am JP Morgan and you are Bear Stearns. Now I own you)

Feel free to post your own suggestions for scenarios as comments, and please forward a link to this post to anyone you know who has been affected. We can all get through this by working together.

I am not yet ready to extend my discount offer to Lehman Brothers employees, but perhaps by the end of the month.

UPDATE: JP Morgan has increased their bid to $10/share, and so I must increase my session discount to $10/hour. You're welcome.