[lbo-talk] where have all the antiwar songs gone?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 11:43:12 PDT 2008

>From The Beast's interview with Chomsky:

Q: Do you think bad folk music, drugs and poor hygiene will ever topple the Military Industrial Complex?

Chomsky: I assume that too is not intended seriously, but in this case I don’t discern a serious issue lying behind the query.

http://www.buffalobeast.com/113/Noam2.htm

Also, we sort of covered this ground in the old days of 2005 with the thread "Why are we still turning to Dylan for the soundtrack to our demonstrations?" which I think was prompted by a similar article bemoaning the lack of antiwar or protest songs that had mass appea, or something.

-B.