[lbo-talk] where have all the antiwar songs gone?

J T. Ramsay blackmail at blackmailismylife.com
Sat Mar 29 20:04:32 PDT 2008

There are plenty of anti-war songs. They're just not being sung by radio-friendly artists. I would argue that you could fashion some meaning out of Rihanna's 'Umbrella,' which sounded to me like something of a protection ballad.

The fact of the matter is, as I've said on this list before, that a lot of what's considered political music is not only dead boring but really bad. Additionally, the lack of a meaningful antiwar movement undoubtedly keeps execs from saying that antiwar songs will help an industry wracked by a sales crunch.

Cheers,

J T. Ramsay blackmail at blackmailismylife.com