[lbo-talk] where have all the antiwar songs gone?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 19:17:14 PDT 2008

Political tabling at punk shows is also now nearly non-existent.

Anti-Racist Action, EF!, Food Not Bombs, Anarchist Black Cross, and other groups would often table at punk shows. That doesn't seem to be the norm any more -- it's just guys with boxes of records and merch tables and that's it. This is all anecdotal, too -- it doesn't fulfill the Cox-ian requirement that I do a broad, scientifically sampled survey to gather empirical data and produce cross-checked, etc, results before making a comment about it.

-B.

Jim Straub wrote:

"Which dovetails with my own anecdotal observation that punk kids in the city I'm living in these days practically never show up to demos or marches. It really pisses me off."