[lbo-talk] Starbucks reports falling profits

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 01:34:34 PDT 2008

A Starbucks just opened up in Moscow. I do not think they will do well, since the city is already saturated with Starbucks analogues.

Speaking of which, I got back from the States the other day, and OH MY GOD. That place is SO CHEAP (barring cigarrettes and public transportation and utility bills). A cup of coffee at Starbucks costs, what, $1.50? The same thing at a Moscow Shokoladnitsa costs almost $4.

--- "Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Isn't there a thing called market saturation? Where
> I work - in downtown San Francisco - we literally
> have Starbucks around the corner from each other on
> the same block. In places in the Suburban Bay Area
> you frequently have two in the same strip mall -
> one in Safeway or Wells Fargo - and one in a free
> standing store. I love my expresso as much as
> anyoone, but isn't there a limit to how much coffee
> we can drink? SR
>
> Starbucks also said it would reduce the number of
> new stores it opens in the US this year from 1,175
> to 1,020.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ