[lbo-talk] Nicole Richie endorses Obama

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 10:25:48 PDT 2008

At 05:04 PM 5/4/2008, Robert Wrubel wrote:

>"If you don't read the right books or know the proper kind of
>popular culture somehow you are not paying attention

>you're exactly right, Jerry. And it's more than "not paying
>attention" -- it's about not being hip, being uptight and pedantic,
>a nerd, being out of touch with "the people". It's an old game
>invented by girls in high school.
>
> BW.

What you don't have a tv either? First of all, If either of you can show where I said anything about knowing the proper kind of popular culture I'll eat your hat. What started this was me asking Carroll if he took some kind of pride in not paying attention to popular culture at all. That was it. I had to look up Nicole Richie myself to remember who she was.

Second of all, "an old game invented by girls in high school." What the fuck is that about?