[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

Jeremy D. Roberts gtdread at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 10:47:54 PDT 2008

Adolph Reed:> I've decided that she's the lesser evil in the Democratic > race, for the following reasons: 1) Obama's empty claims to being a > candidate of progressive change and to embodying a "movement" that > exists only as a brand will dissolve into disillusionment in either a > failed campaign against McCain or an Obama Presidency that continues > the politics he's practiced his entire career; 2) his horribly > opportunistic approach to the issues bearing on inequality?in which > he tosses behaviorist rhetoric to the right and little more than > calls to celebrate his success to blacks?stands to pollute debate > about racial injustice whether he wins or loses the Presidency; 3) he > can't beat McCain in November. 1) This isn't necessarily bad: disillusionment with the Dem party is a positive thing. 2) And Mrs. Clinton is/has been better?? 3) I'll bet $$ Obama's the next prez (even though I'm voting for McKinney) _________________________________________________________________ With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_mobile_052008