[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon May 5 14:34:15 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 9:32 am, Doug Henwood crossposted:

> Progressive – May 2008
> Obama No By Adolph Reed Jr., May 2008 Issue
>
> election entirely than vote for either her or Obama. At this point, though,
> I've decided that she's the lesser evil in the Democratic
> race

The Obliterator, that vulture of neoliberalism, as the lesser of evils? Hilarious.

> Potemkin construction — built largely on victories in states that no
> Democrat will win in November — that will fall apart under Republican
> pressure.
>
> And then where will we be?

Right where we are now, of course: a braindead jackal of finance capital presiding over a rotting Empire, propped up by the Bank of China's soon-to-vanish indulgence.

Don't count Obama out. He's got two things going for him: (1) the US public is sick of the war, and (2) the recession is going to be nasty. Falling home prices hit people right, well, at home.

-- DRR