[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

T. Bosco t.bosco23 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:31:22 PDT 2008

I am a big fan of Reed but I was quite disappointed with this piece (Doug's piece in LBO 117 was much better). Given Bill Clinton's rightist policy agenda during his tenure, which Reed himself has rigorously documented, how is choosing Hillary a lesser evil?

As far as Obama supports being "110 enthusiasm" or part of a "febrile disorder," I do not see how these are analytically useful. Further, such constructions seem to only debase the reasoning capabilities of voters, especially working class and poor (if they are even allowed to vote). As in any voting bloc there are diverging reasons and interests for why people choose to support a candidate. I have met a a lot of Obama supporters who do not buy his whole change mantra but after being conned by Bill, refuse to be conned by Hillary and will not vote Republican.