[lbo-talk] Obama: let my Teamsters go!

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed May 7 01:09:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think now is the time I should say something about Andy Stern. He is the
> classic rent seeking union leader. I have not spoken out against him before
> because, qutie frankly he is simply doing the job that most of the union
> leaders wish to do only better, so I felt no need to single him out for his
> success.

You've got that right. Check out this "organizing" pitch from an AFL local to which a lot of my childhood neighbors belonged:

http://www.ibewlocal666.com/?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Non2DUnion20Contractors

Your point here is an essential one, which I feel too many SEIU detractors fail to grasp.