[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 8 12:50:09 PDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> So essentially there's no reason for Obama to give this up. It's
> popular with the vast majority of blacks; it's popular with non-
> liberal
> whites *for completely different reasons* from a completely different
> perspective (what Ta-Nehisis Coates calls the "double play"); and,
> most
> importantly, it's meant to -- and there's no reason to think it
> can't --
> advance his ability to pass strutural programs to help the ghetto

You're dreaming, Michael. It's not going to happen. The "double play" is aimed at courting upper-status blacks and wavering whites at the expense of "Cousin Pookie." The ghetto can go to hell. If he becomes president, let's reconvene in 2 years for an "I told you so moment."

What is it about this guy that makes people lose their critical faculties?

Doug