[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:17:37 PDT 2008

shag wrote:

> would you support obama over edwards had it been edwards and not clinton.
> why or why not.

That's a difficult one. I don't think Edwards would have indulged in the nastiness of the Clintons had he ended up in a mano-a-mano contest with Obama. Also, contrasted with Edwards, Obama's timidity in Iraq, economic, and social policy would have looked much worse than it does now. Or maybe he'd have had to shift accordingly. Also, if Black people had come out in mass in support of Obama, that would have weighed heavily on my decision. So my short answer is I'm not sure. I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.