[lbo-talk] also posted without comment

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:08:52 PDT 2008

Yes, I thought that reply was pretty shallow! At the least, this idolatry deserves to be analysed as an expression of totalitarian thinking, wish fulfillment, mass delusion, and not just dismissed because of that, but diagnosed and considered as something that can be corrected, or countered, or even used.

BW

Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > It is appropriate that this piece opens with "An American Idol" finalist,
> > because the whole thing is an exercise in idolatry. How did KVH become
> so
> > star-struck? It's creepy. As if she would faint when Leonardo DiCaprio
> > walks into the room and believe that such is the recommended position of
> > an
> > independent minded person.
>
> This is America, 2008. Next question.
>
> Deefus

Obviously. I don't get it. Which is why I asked the question. As usual the smart and brilliant thinkers like Dennis treat with contempt any question, and any person, who doesn't conform to their accepted mode of cultural knowledge.

Thanks.