[lbo-talk] reading list

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:15:26 PDT 2008

My bedside table wouldn't be much better:

A Low Dishonest Decade

Napoleon's Final Campaign

My Battle of Algiers (Morgan/Sanche de Gramont)

Le Chartreuse du Parme

Shrink Yourself (How to Overcome Emotional Eating --Forever!!)

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

[a friend who teaches at NYU writes...] So in the front of my office at NYU is a large bin to collect books to send to the victims of the genocide in Darfur. I looked through it today. There are all sorts of things, from murder novels to children's books, etc. Here is a sampling:

Killing Time

Let's Join In!

How Are We To Live?

Making A Spectacle

Gandhi On Non-Violence

Supreme Injustice

Roberts' Rules Of Order

Death In a Strange Country

Martha Stewart's Entertaining At Home

I am sure the victims will find these books both uplifting and helpful. My God.