[lbo-talk] NASCAR romances

Kathleen de la Peña McCook kmccook at tampabay.rr.com
Sun May 11 08:22:25 PDT 2008

O give me break, back. I know what these books are and people do read them regardless of your approval. And you belittle the people that read them by belitting the books. Just get off the arrogant high-horse. Yes, I do know a lot about these books and I also know that a supercilious attitude can be smelled a mile away. You need to work on the attitude. I lead book discussions that have brought readers from these kinds of books to more thoughtful books but would never have gotten the groups to come together if my initial attitude was so spiteful toward the readers. People are not unaware of cultural imperialism writ small. ==========