[lbo-talk] CNA responds on Tenet organizing agreement

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun May 11 17:54:01 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> and attacking us for "hurting the progressive movement" while they
> are meeting with the Republican leadership of the NY Senate "to help
> the GOP keep control." (see below)

This is absolutely ridiculous. 1199SEIU has grown into the largest and most powerful union in the state BECAUSE it was willing to play one party against the other. I won't make new enemies by naming names, but those unions that have chosen to remain devoted lapdogs of the Democrats have done, to put it charitably, less well for their members.

(I know that of which I speak. A housemate and an upstairs neighbor are both members, and man! do they bring it in. Probably more than Doug might like, since the neighbor can afford to help all his teenage kids buy cars.)