[lbo-talk] Politically Incorrect Democracy Activism

Jack Stewart jackguy at newsguy.com
Tue May 13 08:50:03 PDT 2008

NOTE: The next election is going to require me to modify this post. Posting this text all over the web has been so much fun I don't want to quit. The anger and the insults I can understand, but the two people who spent weeks formulating a "logical" critique of my text stun me. This text is not susceptible to "logical" arguments. It's about political value judgments! How important is a truly representative government. It is my view that, although the pile of democratic nations has been growing; when the ability of U.S. voters to influence their government is considered - the U.S. voter is close to the bottom of that pile!

SUBJECT: Only "GIRLIE MEN" Voted for Bush or for Kerry

A boss who needed to hire an employee for a business, would certainly want the greatest level of competition possible for the job opening. The more job seekers the happier the employer would be. In a similar fashion, dynamic alpha male voters and the women that appreciate them, would obliviously want the greatest degree of competition possible for their vote. After all, the politician is also looking for a job opening. But good little submissive "Girlie Men" voters are always willing to settle for the "lesser of two evils."

Now any red blooded American knows that, whatever it is that you view as political evils, it's much better to settle for the "lesser of three evils" or better yet the "lesser of ten evils."

President Bush and Senator Kerry were apparently quite happy with what is called the spoiler problem. Neither candidate supported runoff elections or proportional representation. I think you will agree that they favor maintaining the two-party system. They probably get stoked-up when "Girlie Men" voters surrender their own political interests, and meekly vote for candidates that will perpetuate the two-party system.

DEFINITION OF GIRLIE MEN VOTERS: Voters who vote to keep themselves politically powerless - because it's the smart thing to do.