[lbo-talk] Chris asks another obscure question

WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:39:09 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can somebody out there tell me what guards in US
> prisons are armed with? As in, on their person when on
> duty, and what's in the armory? What about guards in
> mental institutions wih violent inmates?

I bet it depends on the state and what the security level of the inmate area is (maximum, minimum, etc.). I was at a medium security prison on Monday for work and the guard I was dealing with didn't seem to have any weapon at all.

The Smoking Gun has a U.S. BOP training video on handling confrontations with inmates:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/tsgtv/index.html?id=CP12-05&link=TSGTVeflk

-WD