[lbo-talk] in which I'm accused of repressing the reptilian brain

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed May 14 07:51:12 PDT 2008

Joanna: why it was that in the seventeenth century, people started talking about there being one truth for science and another for art, a subsidiary assertion being that normal language was degraded, but that the language of science (mathematics) was pure....and that therefore, science was by definition "true."

^^^^^ CB: I'm guessing it was the scientist-mathematicians and artists who started saying that math and art language was "pure" and "true" and normal language degraded ?