[lbo-talk] BHO & working-class whites

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:49:25 PDT 2008

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> The question is will you support his murderous policies once he is elected
> president? Or don't you believe that his policies as stated are murderous?

Any day, I'll support Doug's most murderous policies (figuratively speaking, of course) against any list member inclined to question the motives of others -- especially when/if she/he doesn't engage with the issues seriously.

Here's another reflection of your style (from a previous post):

> McCain has no idea that he is a war criminal.

How do you know or conclude this?

> The very fact that Obama has been associated with people
> such as Rev. Wright leaves me with no doubt that Obama is
> quite cynical and self-consciously hypocritical, and knows
> that the institutional role of U.S. president will inevitably lead
> him to commit war crimes to maintain U.S. dominance.

And how do you conclude this?

For the record, I think we can have -- in principle -- some sort of cognitive access to the mental processes of other people. Not directly, of course. But on the basis of observation and reasoning. So I'm not saying that your remarks about what's in the mind of McCain and Obama are untrue. I have no idea. I just wonder how you come to such strong, categorically-worded conclusions.

And, of course, the political significance of McCain and Obama true mental states (if we were privy to them) is not self-evident. Is it?