[lbo-talk] Country-specific computer games (question for Dennis R.)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 05:11:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

I picked up the Day Watch computer games (which it turns out what run on my computer except at achey-breacky speed), and was wondering if it is being marketed in the US -- or for that matter of any of the games made in the former USSR are being marketed outside the Russosphere (STALKER and Cossacks, obviously, but I'm talking more about SMERSH, Eastern Front, Metro, etc.). Also, I have a copy of Gaia: Last Days of Terra, which I understand is German and NOT released in the States? Poor Americans. :(

Oh, I've been playing Chukcha v Bolshom Gorode (Chukcha in the Big City). Chukchi are a native Siberian people who are the butt of many ethnic jokes about their supposed eternal backwardness. The premise of the game is that a Chukcha comes to Moscow and has many humorous adventures. I'd feel more guilty about playing such an obviously racist game if I could make it past the first level. :)