[lbo-talk] My review of World Burns to Death's new "Graveyard of Utopia" concept LP about USSR

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 09:23:49 PDT 2008

It was actually a bunch of different groups, the main one of which was the Union of Russian People, which were rough equivalents of the KKK, very prominent in the pogroms in the early 20th century and radically promonarchy. By the time the Revo rolled around, the wind had pretty much gone out of their sails, but "Black Hundreds" was still a general term for the kind of people who run around and lynch Jews and intellectuals.

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> "The Black Hundreds" is mainly known as an organized
> counterrevolutionary group, though, no?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hundreds
>
> That's what that says, for example. They're the ones
> who appropriated the name?
>
> -B.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.